Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gratitude

  There are so many things that I want to remember and apply into my life that were shared in General Conference last weekend.  Elder Jeffrey Holland began the first session Saturday by giving thanks for all good things ever done by anyone who extend the beauty and blessings of Christ.

Matthew 25:40- "...Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

The pure love of Christ never faileth. On Sunday, President Monson ended the last conference session speaking about the importance of gratitude in our lives.

D & C 59:7- "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."

  So I'm going to try to briefly express my gratitude for what I enjoy and I'm blessed with:
  • The gospel of Jesus Christ: my testimony, the Plan of Salvation, all scriptures, a living prophet, the opportunity to serve, values, my agency, the power of prayer, personal revelation... 
  • My family: Steve, Nate and Megan, Josh and Brittney, Rachel, Nicole, Zach, Madeleine, Mercedes, Owen. I love my family with all my heart.... My parents, my siblings, my in-laws, my nieces and nephews, cousins, my grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles...
  • Good friends: From childhood, from teen years, from school, from my adult years. From wards, stakes, neighborhoods, from Steve's career. Friends who are loyal and friends that I have lost contact with... I'm grateful for their accepting influence and support...
  • America: My precious freedom and the education that I obtain here...
  • Texas McAllen Mission: The wonderful, enthusiastic, great, talented, hard-working missionaries, the growth in myself and the growth that I see in them, the unique and wonderful people of South Texas, palm trees (even one in my backyard!), the unique blend of Spanish and English...
As soon as I post this, I know that I will want to list about a million more items, but this will have to do for now. Tonight I will have a grateful heart...

Here are some of what's been going on in the mission this week:

1. Ice cream bars and cookies at the mission home after the Priesthood session of conference (for all missionaries that were within driving range of our home). President Trayner has a tradition of taking out his sons for dinner before the session. This was his first time without his own sons, so he simply invited about 70 missionary "sons." And, of course, I can't get along without some type of "girl's night out!"













1.  Interviews and Zone Meetings.  For five days this week, President Trayner has interviewed missionaries and we've also held zone training meetings.  While the missionaries waited for their turn to interview, they could shine their shoes or repair their clothing.  We still have another week of interviews to go until the entire mission is done. However, here are some pictures from this week:


Mission  Zone



Laredo Zone



McAllen Zone







Corpus Christi Zone



Sinton Zone
3. Baptisms and other assorted pictures:


Elder Given and President Trayner in Freer Texas


Corpus Christi bay


King's Inn- Great Seafood! 


No comments:

Post a Comment